GE Renewable Energy
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
Train/mentor plant personnel in Lean principles:
• Lean Tools & Techniques
• Standard work with Industrial Engineering concepts
• Kanban when applicable
Develop/drive plant Continuous Improvement project list
• Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, opportunities
• Form cross functional teams (kaizen) to develop action plans
• Implement changes
• Monitor/track performance to sustain the gains
• Ensure Lean Principles” are utilized at all times
Identify best practices world side
• Document and share with plants w/in and out of region
• Implement consistently across plants
Develop daily tracking measurable to drive proper actions at plants
• Visual tools and metrics to educate and communicate to the masses
• Track trends and verify sustained improvements
• Consistent across plants to allow best practices to be identified
• All metrics on shop floor tie to overall plant performance
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.