Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Decipher requirements and technical specification documents & seeks clarification where needed.
- Identify low complexity product requirements & technical specifications under guidance.
- Identify and contribute to Knowledge management opportunities for the products assigned with through guidance & mentorship
- Build necessary backup info for design concepts & trade off analysis under mentorship. Seek clarity for different tradeoff parameters and complete component selection to meet the technical specifications.
- Independently perform alternative component search and basic design calculations.
- Use tools and apply engineering fundamentals
- Support in design documentation & artifact presentation as per design process.
- Fairly conversant / capable of learning tool usage to support design analysis and simulation
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of Mechanical & Thermal Engineering (Preferred) Principles (Structural, Theory of machines, Fluid Mechanics and Heat transfer etc.)
- Ability to create design documents based on reviews and designer input. Understanding of engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Applies self-learning to derive component functioning
- Aware of DFM concepts & tries to use where possible
- Can fairly make assessment of part manufacturing processes.
- Aware & can navigate through design and simulation tools. Learns different tools and intent with hands-on experience
- Ability to run basic calculations to prove design
- Ability to optimally work on the below tasks with mentorship
- Contribute to design concepts, trade off analysis and does component selection to meet the technical specifications
- Contribute to design analysis and simulation for design optimization and confirmation to requirements
- Conduct testing as per test plans (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results
- Build design documents & artifacts as per design process
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering with 0-4 years of experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thermofisher.com.