Burns & McDonnell
- Coordinating project design assignments and design teams;
- Define system requirements, instrumentation and control requirements, and control logic; define system equipment and components required to meet those requirements
- Performing system hydraulic calculations including pump selection, sizing, and application;
- Pipe and valve sizing including selection of appropriate piping materials and valve types for applications;
- Selection of control valve including definition of control valve requirements and datasheets;
- Functional coordination and reviews of detailed pipe routing (by others) for conformance with system design requirements including pipe support selection/placement;
- Developing equipment specifications, technical bid evaluating, procuring, reviewing vendor drawings and factory acceptance testing of mechanical equipment;
- Administer equipment contracts (change evaluation, coordinate schedules, coordinate technical issues)
- Preparing/creating deliverables like process flow diagram, P&ID, valve lists, line list, standard detail sheets for constructing/installation of new or modifications of existing power generating facility mechanical systems;
- Review calculations, drawings and design documents produced by others for conformance with project requirements as well as Company and industry standards
- Providing leadership, guidance, instruction, and mentorship to less experienced staff members;
- Regularly meeting and corresponding with clients or outside personnel;
- Supporting development and improvements of department standard work procedures and work flows to support a successful work share approach amongst the various offices for all projects.
- Travel to the United States as required and requested to support assignments on projects and overall office needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 4-10 years of related experience in fossil generation with exposure to piping design, pump selection, rotating equipment and process design.
- Software experience utilizing AFT Arrow, AFT Fathom, SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Review is preferred.
- Familiar with power industry codes and standards including ASME B31.1, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Sections I and Section VIII.
- Field construction and commissioning experience is preferred.
- Proficient in the English language and must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous consulting engineering experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit burnsmcd.jobs.