Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
In this role, you have the opportunity to modify, design, develop and maintain MR, UltraSound, Cathlabs, CT and realization of a range of products in such a way that future products options and features can be realized with acceptable effects for the earlier products. You are responsible for identifying appropriate technologies for overall system, sub-system and component levels. You will ensure that your design is consistent with the high level architecture and requirements.
You are responsible for
· Achievement of the technical goal/commitment of a project.
· Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying cus
tomer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and assembly
· Analyze project ideas regarding realization options; evaluate impact on run-
· Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant
· Delegates, coaches and verify the implementation by Engineers.
· Ensuring the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate
modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product
· Analyze product(s) issues from the field (post market) and take complete
ownership in providing relevant solution(s).
· Define subsystem architecture under considerations of platform constraints
· Working closely with all the other team members both R&D team members
(Like Systems, Verification, Norm compliance etc..) and cross functional
stakeholders (Like Service, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Clinical etc…) for
· Working closely with local and global suppliers.
· Reliability and Serviceability of the system / subsystem / components.
· Transfer design output to manufacturing line.
· Advising on realization, planning and budgets.
· Contributing to Technology Roadmaps.
· Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the
· Maintains product and company reputation by complying with country spe
You are a part of
MR Coils team Pune under Diagnostics imaging business, having hands on experience on, New product development, BOM savings, reverse engineering, value engineering projects, global product & parts transfers etc.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· B.E. / B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Mechanical engineering.
· 5-8 years of relevant experience in design & development (one end to end
Medical device esp. in RF coils development experience is preferred) of system/subsystem.
· Knowledge of structural design, CAD like Solid works and ProE.
· Good at hand calculation of the mechanical design, exposure to mechanical
· Create DFMEA and identify relevant product risks.
· Identifying the suitable material, Creating EBOM, DFM/DFA & DFR (Design
· Experience in latest engineering design and methods, tools, and processes
· Create functional requirement documentation, verification plans and test
· Knowledge of IEC 60601 standards & ISO13485 is preferred.
· Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently.
· System thinking mindset and domain expertise in the related area.
· Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members.
· Be structured and self-organized.
· Excellent communication skills & project management skills.
· Team player, leadership skills and drive for results.
· Quality mindset in design and documentation.
· Intercultural sensitivity.
· Self-motivated & ability to coach, support and direct the Engineers in a sub
In return, we offer you an opportunity to serve a bigger purpose. At Philips, our mission to improve the lives of 2.5 billion people per year by 2030, and every day, we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients drive us. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. Our business provides unique opportunities to develop and deliver meaningful solutions in the healthcare space and this new position is a unique opportunity to shape the next generation solutions we are developing.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There’s a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
To apply for this job please visit philips.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.