At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
• Responsible for fit, form and function of assigned products
• Responsible for assigned VA/VE projects execution & ability to promote/ Identify new VA/VE opportunities
• Responsible for customer notifications (PCN – from the decision to release).
• Coordination and execution of engineering samples, testing & validation
• Responsible to review/ evaluate ECR/ drawing releases to DSD
• Understand Engineering Change requirements and create/ modify Drawings/ models Creo.
• Write and maintain product specifications; Keep product engineering documentation up to date
• Define test procedures based on requirements and/or customers or internal l/external specifications, assess results and provide conclusions
• Ensure product manufacturability – Define dimensions, tolerances & special characteristics based on customer requirements, intended application, best practices and experience
• Interact in different levels (guiding, supporting, preparing presentations and information, following meetings, etc.) with manufacturing, quality, procurement as well as with customers and suppliers.
• Assess deviations and provide dispositions (production, quality, suppliers, etc.); Support Quality with 8D reports (3D to 5D being primary engineering)
• Define failure modes, root causes and corrective actions and ensure that product performance is preserved throughout product life cycle
• Follow the LEANPD guidelines for product extension developments and improvements
Work with core team leaders (Project Managers) to provide timely & accurate information for the assigned project tasks; Ensure assigned project deliverables for gates are completed as per project plan
• Assist in Packaging related documentation, testing & support
• Assist department manager to build a workforce that applies and utilizes TEOA tools and techniques
• Guide team towards technical objectives of the department
• Any other as assigned by department manager
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
To apply for this job please visit careers.te.com.