At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
• Design of analogue, digital circuits, primarily interfacing sensor outputs to existing platforms
• Design and development of digital & analogue power meters, transducers, and protection products
• Sourcing and working with suppliers of sensor technologies to integrate these into TE condition monitoring platforms
• Reverse engineering study to develop electronic designs and board layouts
• Plan and implement testing programs for new products that meet internal, international and customer specific test requirements
Assist global engineering team with New Product Developments across a range of projects and executing on cost optimization/reduction (VA/VE) opportunities for the business
• Preparing design verification test plans, Design & Process FMEAs
• Support product compliance (IEC, EN, UL)and approvals for all new products and platforms as required by our customers.
• Successfully facilitate transfer and support of new product introduction (NPI) into high volume manufacturing. Provide support/consultancy to Manufacturing.
• Supporting the design of jigs & fixtures for product testing where required.
• Engineering Degree (BE / Btech) or Masters (ME / Mtech) in Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics with minimum 5+ years of experience in electronics circuits design and development
• Strong knowledge on analog, digital and power electronics circuits design
• Experience on circuit analysis like WCA, DFMEA etc,
• Hands on experience on PCB design (using Altium tool) and PCB testing
• Board level EMI / EMC, ESD and noise reducing techniques.
• Experience on using soldering equipment, oscilloscopes (CRO), power analyzer, spectrum analyzer.
• Knowledge on communication protocols like UART, MODBUS, BLE, LoRa, I2C, SPI etc
• Knowledge on basics of embedded software in C
• Familiarity with RF design is an add on
• Ability to use circuits simulation tools, including circuit simulators e.g SPICE
• Organized, methodical and self-motivated individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision, on own initiative and meet own commitments is essential.
• Experience in reverse engineering
• Proven ability to execute on engineering deliverables
• Strong customer service mindset and mentality of delivering quality products and services on time and within company cost and profitability objectives.
• Fluent communication skills facilitating collaboration with own team, customers, internal business leaders and technology leaders to create value.
• Individual must be self-motivated and require minimum supervision, have strong planning skills, Problem solving skills and be able to deal with and balance multiple competing priorities
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
To apply for this job please visit careers.te.com.