At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
Sr. R&D Simulation Engineer – TE Connectivity, Transportation Sensors
As a Sr. R&D Simulation Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out structural, vibration, thermal simulations, predictive analysis on various sensor development platform projects to grow the sensor portfolio serving the Automotive and Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) markets. He/She will be responsible for providing suitable design recommendations to validate the design using standard FEA software’s. He/she will drive standardization of simulation practices across product lines.
The Sr. R&D Simulation Engineer will engage and work with internal cross-functional engineering teams across the globe as well collaborate with internal and external technical partners. He /She will need to be comfortable, experienced, and adept working across time zones, geographical and organizational boundaries as well as ambiguity.
• Interface with the product design teams to discuss technical inputs for simulations, failure modes, CTQs and carry out simulations, theoretical calculations to identify and mitigate risks through design recommendations.
• Collaborate with design & validation teams to enhance the design optimization. Conduct correlation study with actual test results and address correlation gaps.
• Support project execution through participation in design review meetings and core team meetings providing design recommendations. Identify Innovation opportunities.
• Validate concept designs using simulation techniques such as Structural, Vibration & Thermal analysis and determine design robustness, critical to function requirements.
• Deploy FEA Techniques – implicit and explicit approach, using Software tools like Ansys Work Bench, LSDyna, Hypermesh, Simufact, Digimat etc.
• Translate actual problem to Finite Element Analysis (FEA) model, interpret analysis results and select best solution which includes linear & non-linear analysis under different conditions.
• Standardize the simulation model which can be used globally, should be able to use ANSYS APDL.
• Strong theoretical knowledge on Strength of materials
• Implement productivity improvement methods through simulations. Identify VAVE opportunities
YOU MUST HAVE
✓ Master’s Degree or PhD in technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent)
✓ 8-12 years of industry experience in simulation techniques such as Structural, Vibration & Thermal analysis
✓ Proficiency in state-of-the-art
o FEA- ANSYS WORKBENCH, LS-DYNA, HYPERMESH, SIMUFACT, MOLDEX3D, OPTISLANG, ICEPAK MAXWELL, Ansys HFSS System simulations such as MATLAB & SIMULINK.
✓ Experience on Auto Sensor products (Plastic, Sheet Metal, PCBA, etc.) is an added advantage.
✓ Expertise on CAE tools, Optimization techniques, and testing methods
✓ Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
✓ Exposure to structured new product development process and stage gate frameworks to execute project activities from initial research & development throughout the entire project development lifecycle
✓ Proficiency in use of MS Office tools.
✓ Exceptional fluency in English
✓ Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with leadership, stakeholders, cross functional teams (engineering, product management, manufacturing, etc.) and subject matter experts.
✓ Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with a hands-on practical approach and ability to make decisions when presented with a series of challenges, conflicts, and constraints
✓ Willingness to travel as required, ~25%
To apply for this job please visit careers.te.com.