At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at http://www.te.com
BU / FUNCTION DESCRIPTION
• Design & Development of automotive products like Connectors, Header, Fuse & Relay boxes, Terminals, Automotive components.
• Interact directly with customers / Sales and Marketing team to identify key Product Technical requirements / deliverables and establish product specifications to fulfil customer requirements in handling new concepts / quotations.
• To lead and drive complex new product development products starting from concepts generation, DFMEA, DFM/DFA, prototyping & testing.
• To generate 3D CAD models & 2D drawings in PTC Creo.
• Responsible for creating test specifications, deciding test methods, DVP Preparations & testing and validation
• Independently conduct design reviews, ability to check and approve product designs.
• Perform product costing & Value Engineering (VA/VE) analysis.
• Prepare, monitor, update & maintain all engineering documentation in line with IATF 16949
• B.E / Diploma (Mechanical)
• Minimum 4 to 6 years of hands on experience in automotive products (preferably Connectors)
• Good Experience in Product validation and testing (DV / PV) of automotive products
• Exposure to manufacturing processes like Injection molding, stamping, Manufacturing and assembly etc.
• Exposure to APQP & PPAP activities
• Exposure to Design review processes like DFEMA / DFA / DFM / FEA etc.
• Strong CAD Modelling skills (Pro-E / Creo)
• Strong 2D drawing drafting skills
• Good working knowledge on GD&T & Tolerance Stack up analysis.
To apply for this job please visit careers.te.com.