At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview
TE Connectivity’s Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
What your background should look like:
• The job requires a highly capable and competent design person who can work independently and when required as part of a team.
• Ensure tasks are completed on time.
• Ability to work with global team and communicate effectively.
• Strong mold design concepts with thorough knowledge of manufacturing and assembly.
• Attention to detail, self-driven, result-oriented.
• 2-3 years of relevant design experience in precise injection molds for automotive plastics parts.
• 3D CAD design, experience with Creo design essential.
• Knowledge on GDT & GPS will be added advantage.
• BE / B-tech in Mechanical Engineering (with tooling background)
• Post Diploma in Tool design (NTTF /GTTC/CIPET).
• Knowledge on
o Tool material, material specifications, heat treatment and its processes.
o Tool building, Tool assembly, measurement, testing and tool room processes.
o ISO/TS requirement.
• Connector mold design experience (minimum 1-2 years).
• Moldex3d/Moldflow will be added advantage.
• Assembly/Stamping design will be an added advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations and public speaking.
• Working knowledge on MS Office tool. (MS Excel, Word & Power point).
To apply for this job please visit careers.te.com.