ISO(the International Organization for Standardization) is an independent, non-governmental international organization with a membership of 164 national standards bodies.
ISO 10360 is an international standard of Coordinate Measuring Machine used for testing/Calibration of Coordinate types Machines.
ISO 10360 is divided into 12 parts. The first part is simple vocabulary, the second part ‘ISO 10360-2’ is the most commonly used for linear measurement.
The other remaining parts depend upon the feature of the CMM machine.
For example, if I have a CMM which measures the linear dimensions only than I choose ISO 10360-2 standard for calibration of my CMM. This standard is a document referred to as a calibration procedure of CMM.
ISO 10360-2 explains to you how to calibrate the linear type of CMM by slip gauge set or laser interferometer.
Here is the list of parts of ISO 10360, taken from ISO
- — Part 1: Vocabulary
- — Part 2: CMMs used for measuring linear dimensions
- — Part 3: CMMs with the axis of a rotary table as the fourth axis
- — Part 4: CMMs used in scanning measuring mode
- — Part 5: CMMs using single and multiple stylus contacting probing system
- — Part 6: Estimation of errors in computing of Gaussian associated features
- — Part 7: CMMs equipped with imaging probing systems
- — Part 8: CMMs with optical distance sensors
- — Part 9: CMMs with multiple probing systems
- — Part 10: Laser trackers for measuring point-to-point distances
- — Part 12: Articulated arm coordinate measuring machines (CMM)